Producing Premium Quality Products
Equator Kenya Ltd is an established private company at the Kenyan Coast with the objective to supply the market with premium quality dehydrated fruits and vegetable products, requiring labour intensive farming.
A prime example is Premium Quality African Bird’s Eye Chillies. Products are exported to mainly Europe and Asia currently.
- Provider of premium Kenyan Bird’s Eye Chillies
- Sourced from the Kenyan coast
- Fully controlled, central drying in a belt dryer
- International quality standards
Experience the Bold Heat of Africa with Our Premium African Bird Eye Chillies
In order to obtain Premium Quality African Bird’s Eye Chillies (Capsicum Frutescens), Equator Kenya Ltd controls the entire value chain from production, collection, central drying and export. The produce is grown from seeds produced under controlled conditions guided by Good Agricultural Practices.
Planting material and other inputs like fertilizers, bio pesticides, drip irrigation etc. is provided to the out-growers by the company; collection of the fresh produce is only done by company vehicles to ensure full traceability at any given moment as well as adherence to international quality standards. Drying is done in a state of the art dryer, fully controlled to meet food safety standards. The final product is sorted and packed according to customer requirements prior to export.
Equator Kenya Ltd operates through a fully Integrated Computer supported Quality Management System, which enables the company to trace every finished product up to individual farm level and the harvesting date.
The company is complying with:
- European Food Safety Requirements (EU Food Law).
- The Food Safety Quality Management System is based on requirements defined for ISO 22000 & ISO 18000.
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).
- HACCP process guidelines.
- GMP provisions as defined in EC/96/46 Practices.